We offer a variety of Sludge And Biosolids Processing Equipment which includes digestor accessories like sludge thickener, belt press, filter press, decanters, sludge dryers, incineration, composting and removal equipment.
Wastewater treatment under aerobic conditions tends to release a large amount of sludge. Sludge contains pathogens, contaminants, and other substances which means the water is still unfit to be used. Primary sludge is produced from chemical precipitation and sedimentation, whereas secondary sludge is the biomass generated from biological treatment.
Disposing off the sludge without being treated would mean polluting the surroundings, leading to some major health implications. Also, sludge is difficult to transport as it is wet and spread across the equipment. So, the best way to get rid of sludge is to reduce its volume by turning it into solid waste. Government and industries are focusing on measures to decrease industrial pollution and this is where industries tend to use the sludge and biosolids processing equipment.
Additional cost effective and process-oriented steps are taken to treat sludge and biosolids. The process removes moisture content, volume of pathogens, and overall odour. It also increases the biological stability of the solid effluents. After the process is completed, the end product is dry solid waste which can be reused as a fuel source in waste-to-energy plants (WTE), coal-fired power plants, or cement kilns. The solid waste can also be reused as fertilizer.
Span Hydrotech Pvt Ltd offers sludge and biosolids processing equipment which offers maximal performance and turns 90% of the sludge into solid waste which can be reused. Sludge is treated using a combination of processes:
- Thickening – A gravity thickener reduces the total volume of sludge into half.
- Digestion – Biological process decomposes organic solids into stable substances. Reduces solid mass, destroys pathogens, and dries the sludge.
- Dewatering – Digested sludge is dewatered further. Sludge-drying beds are used to excess water and facilitate drying.
- Disposal – The dried solid waste can be disposed or reused in various ways.
Using sludge and biosolids processing equipment offers various benefits such as:
- Easy handling of sludge and other wastes
- Processes sludge which be further reused instead of simply disposed
Simple and cost-effective method